Here at SCAD Radio, we love the Academy Awards just as much as our colleagues at the Manor and District. So much so, we took the liberty to make our predictions on who will be taking home the Oscars tonight.
Best Documentary (Feature)
Best Documentary (Short)
Best Film Editing
- Baby Driver (Paul Machliss and Jonathan Amos)
- Darkest Hour (Kazuhiro Tsuji, David Malinowski and Lucy Sibbick)
Best Music (Original Score)
- Dunkirk (Hans Zimmer)
Best Original Song
- “Remember Me” (Coco) Music and Lyric by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez
Best Production Design
- Dunkirk (Nathan Crowley, Production Design; Gary Fettis, Set Decoration)
Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
- Call Me By Your Name (Screenplay by James Ivory)
Best Writing (Original Screenplay)
- Lady Bird (Written by Greta Gerwig)
- Get Out (Jordan Peele)
Best Costume Design
- Shape of Water (Luis Sequeira)
- Blade Runner 2049 (Roger A. Deakins)
Best Animated Feature Film
Best Actor in a Leading Role
- Daniel Kaluuya in Get Out
Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Willem DaFoe in The Florida Project
Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Saoirse Ronan in Lady Bird
Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Allison Janney in I, Tonya
- Call Me by Your Name
Now for Best Picture, we found ourselves in a three-way tie between Call Me by Your Name, Get Out, and Lady Bird. Upon a tiebreaker, we found ourselves in another three-way tie. We were, however, able to choose our Best Picture winner and we decided on; Call Me by Your Name. If that does not win, but one of our other ties does win, we’ll call that a success on our part.
We’d like to congratulation all nominees this evening, and we eagerly await the results of this year’s Academy Awards.
Please read other articles written by District and The Manor on the 2018 Academy Awards.